|Palmer Milling Engineers,
Griffith NSW Australia
|Phone: (02) 6962 7411 Fax: (02) 6962 4841 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Standard screw conveyors consist of ‘U’ shaped trough with single helical screw flighting. Trough is fitted with a bolt on lid. All flighting is heavy gauge steel with constant pitch, constant diameter, mounted on heavy wall steel shaft.
Shaft is supported between anti-friction bearings, mounted in flanged housings, on drive
and tail gudgeons. Intermediate hanger bearings, consisting of a UHMW
polyethylene bush, are supplied where necessary. Standard drive consists of a TEFC gearmotor with sprocket and chain transmission with a chain guard.
Screw conveyors can be supplied with the following variations:
- Manufactured from mild, stainless or galvanised steel.
- Any number of inlet or outlets.
- Shaft mounted gear-motor drive.
- Variable pitch constant diameter flighting under bin outlet.
- Flared out trough at inlet to suit bin outlet flange.
- No hanger bearing under bin outlet.
- Precautions to prevent product flushing from bin outlet through the flighting to
the discharge outlet.
- Fully enclosed casing.
- No hanger bearings.
- Inlet to suit application.
Force feeders / feedscrews
- Manufactured to suit application.
- Variable speed drive to provide control of conveyor feed rate.
- Geared motor with chain and sprocket drive.
- Shaft mounted geared-motor (recommend small conveyors only).
[ BACK ]
[ Home ]
[ Contacts ]
[ Site Map ]
©Palmer Milling Engineers. 1999-2003.
This page last updated November 2004 by Kevin Roden